Thursday, May 6, 2010

1. Quit Chili's

Two weekends ago, I went up to Portales to see Eurydice and all my college friends for the last time before I leave New Mexico forever. It turned into a rather dramatic weekend and it took me a few days to get back into a stable emotional state. In the meantime, however, my mood affected my performance at work. I received more customer complaints than I've ever had ever and it was really hard for me to give an honest fuck about anything at all. Wednesday, the 28th I believe, was the absolute worst. Many of my plates were going out wrong because the damn QA is too ditzy to read her modifiers properly. There was one point when I brought a skillet of fajitas back and before I could even say a word to the head cook, everyone around me said "Aw, really Miller? Again?". I could only respond with an exasperated laugh. Then there was the bitchy blind shrimp lady who made me read the menu to her because she didn't bring in her glasses and then caused a scene in the dining room by yelling at me and Patrick because her food was inedible by her standards. Her broccoli was cold and her shrimp was "leather". Later during my check out with Patrick, I asked if I could just finish out my schedule and be done with everything because my performance has been sucking so bad, it would just be better for everyone if I left. He agreed and (I thought) that was that.

WELL THEN, Kerry told me about the schedule for the following week.

"They're ALL about you" she said, knowing that I wasn't planning on going back in to work after May 5th.
"Em, whaaat?"

So I look at the schedule online and Kim had scheduled me for FIVE shifts, four of them closing shifts, all in a row. I was like WTFWHHYYY?!! and immediately started scrambling to get the shifts covered. But of course, no one is responding to my calls or texts. Typical. Eventually, I settled down about it all... I decided to pull on my big girl pants and just take advantage of the extra shifts and extra money.

WELL THEN, Heather texted me Wednesday morning to see if I would trade shifts with her... I'd work her lunch shift and she'd work dinner. I agreed, because May 5th is my parent's wedding anniversary and this would allow me to have dinner with them. So I go in at 11 and the first thing I do is start writing a note that my shifts are up for grabs, but when I look at the schedule, I'm not on it.

"Hey Kim," I asked "online it says that I'm working five shifts this week but I just looked at the schedule and I'm not on it. Which one do I go by?"
"Oh, you'll go by the paper one. The online schedules have to be submitted on Monday and I didn't get your note until Tuesday, so I've already corrected everything."

Oh. So I'm done? I'm done! WOO HOO! Donedonedonedone! I worked that last lunch shift, made $50 and said sayonara.

1. Quit Chili's

0 comments:

Post a Comment