Wednesday, May 12, 2010

So Stephanie, I heard that you were getting an apartment. What's up with all that?

I saw an ad on craigslist last week that was for a two bedroom apartment at 1955 44th Ave in Outer Sunset for $1550/mo. PROS: Cat friendly, has a small backyard and was newly remodeled a year ago. It's in a safe neighborhood, light traffic and is four blocks from the ocean. We'd be living downstairs of a young couple with a 2 year old child and a dog and cat. CONS: The kitchen is more like a cook nook, there isn't an actual full wall between the bedrooms, there's only one train that goes all the way out there late at night so it may be a pain to get home sometimes, and it's like, a 45 minute MUNI ride to Market Street where NHI is, BUT these are all minor discrepancies to overcome. I decided I liked the place enough to have it checked out, so after discussion with Amber, we agreed. Adrian had offered quite a while ago to check out places for us, so I sent him out there to scout.


When I first started emailing the chick, Noelle, about the place, she was very responsive. I'd email her in the morning and she'd get back to me by evening, but ever since I sent Adrian to check the place out, she's been distant. (And no, I don't think it has anything to do with Adrian. Everyone loves him. I mean, how can you NOT love this face? *ahem* Anyway...) It took her three days to send me photos she'd promised to send sooner, but I figured whatever, we're all busy people, no big deal, and I didn't worry about it. Sunday evening, she finally sent an email with photos and the information and tenant survey she needed from each of us and I filled it out and sent it back. Days pass. Nothing. We even agreed to the 10 month lease. Still nothing. So, I don't know if they are planning to go with someone else and have just dropped us or if maybe they're being lazy about it since we've said yes, or what. Regardless, I'm getting annoyed and impatient.

Then yesterday, Amber's friend, Cade, texted her with phone numbers for two places across the street from them in Richmond on 19th Street and Clement, one for $1400 (which sounds like a one bedroom or studio for the price) and the other is $1600, which could very well be a two bedroom. For only $50 more! Eee! I like the idea of that so much more. That would put us smack in the middle of the neighborhood, the Presidio directly north and Golden Gate Park directly south and I bet it would be less of a pain in the ass to get to late at night.

Oh here's a bright idea: I could call her! But I don't want to. Firstly, because I have this weird thing where I don't like talking to strangers on the phone. I don't know why, but I always get this weird feeling of anxiety when my phone rings and it's someone I don't know, or if I know I'm going to have to be on hold forever, or if I don't know how to answer someone's question I feel all flustered. That's why I would never answer the phone at any job I had. Even Red Lobster. I worked there for two years and managed to avoid answering the phone 99% of the time. Same with Chili's. Phone rings and I suddenly have laser vision that enables me to see that the dining room is clearly too dirty for me to stop and answer the phone. Or table 52 suddenly and desperately needs more chips STAT. I really need to get over this stupid fear if I'm going to be a massage therapist. If I'm too shy to answer my phone, how am I going to book clients?

< /tangent >

Secondly, because my interest in this other place has been piqued. I decided a long time ago that I would like to live somewhere in Richmond, closer to central than outer, because it's quieter and cheaper and in between the two major parks, and this location is perfect. I don't want to call Noelle and ask about it and be all wrong about the situation and have her be like "Okay, so let's settle things now" cuz then I'd be like "Shit. Weelllll....."

I think I'll just wait until we see what these other places are all about. Mrphf. Wait wait wait wait. I need to create some better waiting games.

The end.

PS. I CANNOT find a decent photo of the neighborhoods of San Francisco. My Not For Tourist's map has a perfect one, but I can't find an image of it online. I mean, really Google? You have everything, and you don't have a decent neighborhood map of SF. You disappoint me.

P.P.S. The layout editor for this blog sucks, that's why the picture looks poorly placed. I tried to make it richly placed, but it took too much effort. My apologies, but I think you'll survive. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment