Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The run-down in a nutshell...

Instead of back dating a bunch of entries, here's a quick overview of what's been going on since I left Portales.

I got a job at Chili's. At first, I was like "Yay!" and now I'm like "Boo!". Partly because I am SO SICK of being a server, partly because half of the management and overall attitude in that restaurant SUCKS (coughjamestomcough), and partly because I have grown to develop a moral aversion to corporate business. BOYCOTT NOW! BRING DOWN THE ROBOT OF CONSUMERISM!

*ahem* Moving on...

I took me about two months to adjust. I finally shed the remainder of my depression. Whew! That felt good. Unfortunately in the recovery process I flaked out on people a few times. I apologize for that. :(

Then I went to Drama Fest. That was great fun. Great great fun. Everyone was just as excited to see me as I was to see them. It was my bestie's senior recital... she played the leading female role... and she was wonderful! The whole show was great, minus one thing... those of you who were there KNOW what I'm talking about... I'll leave it otherwise off the record.

Some photos from Drama Fest 2010.







I tied up a lot of loose ends that weekend and returned to Carlsbad feeling refreshed and ready to move on with my life. I applied with the school district and started substitute teaching, aka glorified and well-paid babysitting minus the poopy diapers and requirements for sandwich making skills plus the power to tell them to sit down and STFU. I'll be blogging later about the day I almost committed murder.

Anyway, then I met this fantastic guy named Adrian Brush. We're basically the poster children for OkCupid.com, that is unless my friend Dawn and her Canadian fella don't beat us to the punch. He lives in San Francisco and is being a huge awesome help to us.

Other than all that, nothing much has happened.

The End.

1 comments:

MyNameIsAmber said...
May 5, 2010 at 11:03 PM  

aw, you're so sweet :D

Post a Comment